27 Dec 2018

Turning back “Open with CMD”


So how lovely command prompt compared to new PowerShell? I don’t know what the trend right now, but I still love cmd because it’s fast and minimal. I don’t quite like PowerShell though Microsoft pushes it further now in newer version of windows 10.
So long story short I want to pop cmd easily when I right clicking any folder like I was. Tried to google anywhere didn’t found anything useful. So I build mine….

The idea

Turns out that because I use vscode, and it shows Open with Code when I right clicking on any folder, I can use the same method to show up another version like  Open with CMD. I just need to banging my self with regedit:
Screenshot (74).png
Yup, it’s working:
DMdUur3VoAASb3X.jpg
I put the exported reg file in gist for your ease. Just download and run:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\cmd_ext]
@="Open with &Cmd"
"Icon"="cmd.exe"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\cmd_ext\command]
@="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\""

No comments: